49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain
San Francisco 49ers running back JaMycal Hasty suffered a high ankle sprain during Sunday's Week 2 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
Hasty had a strong hold on the team's RB2 role heading into Week 2, operating as the passing-down counterpart for teammate Elijah Mitchell up until his injury against the Eagles. Head coach Kyle Shanahan confirmed that Hasty would miss the team's Week 3 game against the Dallas Cowboys, and it's possible the injury lands Hasty on the short-term IR list.
Hasty posted 6 carries for 41 yards and a touchdown, as well as 5 catches on 6 targets for another 36 yards prior to his injury, and had been operating as the team's clear passing-down back. With injuries to Raheem Mostert (knee), Elijah Mitchell (shoulder), and Trey Sermon (concussion), the 49ers are sure to sign some veteran free agents ahead of Week 3.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'trending toward' Week 7 return for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Trey Lance not spotted at 49ers' practice Monday October 18th, 2021
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) back at practice ahead of Week 7 October 18th, 2021