49ers: Brandon Aiyuk Week 1 usage due to hamstring tweak
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk "would've got his spot completely back" if not for a hamstring injury before the team's final preseason game, according to head coach Kyle Shanahan.
Aiyuk wasn't targeted in Week 1 and he played fewer snaps than Trent Sherfield. That resulted in speculation that the second-year wideout was in Shanahan's doghouse, which only grew louder when the head coach said earlier this week that Aiyuk has "got to be a lot better than the guy behind him.” However, as we approach the weekend, Aiyuk has been practicing in full all week and Shanahan's comments seem to indicate that he will return to a starting role in Week 2 versus the Philadelphia Eagles.
numberFire's models currently project Aiyuk for 3.4 targets and 5.4 FanDuel points in Week 2, and he has a $5,900 salary on the main slate. The Eagles have the third-best pass defense in numberFire's advanced power rankings.
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (ankle) headed for X-rays October 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes feeling "fine" after rough hit in loss October 24th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (chest) will not return in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (ankle) will not return in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (chest) questionable to return for Raiders in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (foot) carted to locker room in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- 49ers activate JaMychal Hasty (ankle) from Injured Reserve on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- JaMycal Hasty (ankle) expected to play in San Francisco's Week 7 matchup October 22nd, 2021
- Schefter: 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo expected to start against Colts in Week 7 October 22nd, 2021
- San Francisco's Trey Lance (knee) out for Week 7's matchup against Colts October 22nd, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'trending toward' Week 7 return for 49ers October 21st, 2021