Bears' Justin Fields giving receivers a "chance to make plays"
Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields has drawn praise for reportedly giving his receivers "a chance to make plays" according to early training camp reports.
According to early camp reports, Fields has been consistently putting his receivers in good positions to make plays, both before and after the catch, via his top-notch arm strength and his ability to make plays on the move. The Ohio State alum has played behind veteran Andy Dalton to start camp, but the positive reviews in camp would indicate that it's a matter of when, not "if", the rookie starts.
Chicago's quarterbacks last season had immense difficulty putting their receivers in positive situations, with Mitchell Trubisky generating the 23rd-most yards after catch per attempt (5.0), and Nick Foles finishing dead last in that metric (3.5). Fields, who currently projects to finish as numberFire's QB31 in season-long, should represent a potential boost to both Allen Robinson (WR13) and Darnell Mooney (WR48) during the 2021 season.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021
- Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields filling in for Andy Dalton (questionable, knee) September 19th, 2021