Henry Ruggs' route-running "a lot better" than in rookie season
Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver John Brown told reporters that second-year receiver Henry Ruggs' route-running has improved from what the veteran had seen on film from the previous season.
Ruggs, whose specialty at the collegiate level before becoming the first wide receiver selected in the 2020 NFL Draft had been creating yards near the line of scrimmage, was primarily deployed as a deep threat in his rookie season. While head coach Jon Gruden has praised Ruggs for his success in that role, both Gruden and Brown have implied this offseason that there is an expanded role in the works for speedy wideout's second season.
Ruggs would certainly benefit from more manufactured targets in 2021, but it is encouraging to hear positive reviews from an established deep threat in the league such as Brown. Our models currently project Ruggs to finish as the WR54, with 55.9 receptions on 89.5 targets, 823.6 yards, and 3.88 touchdowns.
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson suffers knee injury during Week 2 loss to Raiders September 19th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) questionable to return Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankle) sidelined against Rams, Jacob Eason now under center September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Davis Mills in for Tyrod Taylor in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Kenyan Drake gains 70 yards on 11 touches in Raiders debut September 14th, 2021