Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp
Indianapolis Colts running back Marlon Mack (Achilles) is "100 percent" to start training camp, per Zak Keefer of The Athletic.
Mack tore his Achilles in Week 1 last season and had been limited to individual work during team drills at previous offseason workouts. He may cut into Jonathan Taylor's workload a tad, but Mack is unlikely to see consistent touches unless Taylor suffers an injury. Nyheim Hines is expected to work as the Colts' passing-game specialist out of the backfield.
numberFire's models project Mack for 3.6 combined opportunities per game this season. He is averaging 0.06 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry for his career, while Taylor added 0.15 Rushing NEP per carry as a rookie. Mack could have a chance to take targets away from Hines, as he is only averaging 0.04 fewer career Reception NEP per target than his backfield mate.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021