Jonathan Taylor the 'main guy' in Colts' backfield
Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor has "earned the right to be the main guy" in the backfield, per head coach Frank Reich.
Reich said that Taylor has "really established himself" as the Colts' lead back ahead of his second season. Zak Keefer of The Athletic expects Taylor to handle at least 60 percent of the Colts' carries, with Marlon Mack playing a complementary role. Taylor racked up 741 rushing yards and 7 touchdowns over the last six games of his rookie campaign, but he only averaged 2.6 targets per game and handled less than 55 percent of the team's red zone rushing attempts.
Taylor is currently the RB6 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 298.8 carries, 1,406.0 yards, and 14.6 touchdowns, with 34.6 catches (49.3 targets) for 262.3 yards and 1.9 touchdowns.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (foot) will start in Colts' Week 1 matchup against Seattle September 10th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (foot) set to make Colts debut Week 1 September 8th, 2021
- Zach Pascal activated off Colts' reserve/COVID list September 2nd, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (foot, unvaccinated) activated, optimistic for Week 1 September 2nd, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck surgery) out for Colts until at least Week 4 September 1st, 2021
- Colts put Zach Pascal on Reserve/COVID-19 list August 30th, 2021