Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz is making a positive first impression on his new teammates, writes Mike Wells of ESPN.
Wentz reportedly didn't have a great relationship with his teammates on the Philadelphia Eagles, but according to Wells, the transition has been "smooth" so far in Indianapolis. "He comes in and asks about my family, my sister and things like that," running back Nyheim Hines said. "As a new guy, it's pretty cool. It shows that he's caring and trying to take care of us." Hines added that Wentz has a "really pretty deep ball" and that he's "liked everything I've seen from him so far." Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton also said last month that Wentz's arm strength "jumped out" at offseason workouts. At least for now, things seem to be going well, both on and off the field, for the former No. 2 overall pick.
Wentz is the QB17 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to throw for 3,977.9 yards with 29.5 touchdowns and 14.4 interceptions, with 287.4 rushing yards and 3.7 touchdowns. Wentz has finished as a top-15 quarterback in Total Net Expected Points per play just one time through five seasons. He should benefit from improved offensive line play, as the Colts ranked 7th in pass blocking last season, via Pro Football Focus, while the Eagles were 16th.
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor the 'main guy' in Colts' backfield June 30th, 2021
- Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates June 21st, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- Colts' Philip Rivers announces retirement after 17 seasons January 20th, 2021
- Colts' DeForest Buckner (ankle) officially available for Saturday's game against Buffalo January 9th, 2021