Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray doesn't want to run as much as he did last season, he told reporters on Thursday.
After tallying 819 yards - 6.2 per attempt - and 11 touchdowns on the ground in 2020, Murray is looking to shake up his playing style. "Honestly, the way I see it is, my legs should be a luxury," he said said. "And it kind of wasn't like that last year. It was me having to run for us in a sense." Murray was banged up multiple times in his sophomore campaign, and less running should help him stay fresh during the new 17-game season format. However, this news could take a hit to his fantasy output, as rushing quarterbacks get a huge boost.
Our models currently project Murray for 4,494.67 passing yards, 27.23 passing touchdowns, 9.24 interceptions, 639.66 rushing yards and 8.50 rushing touchdowns this season. He's currently ranked as the No. 3 quarterback.
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back July 8th, 2021
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore excelling at "making the first guy miss" June 21st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- Austin Dean starting for Cardinals Sunday afternoon April 11th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021