Kyle Pitts could fill in as Falcons' No. 2 target
Atlanta Falcons rookie tight end Kyle Pitts could see a larger role following the Julio Jones trade, per ESPN.com and others.
Calvin Ridley is the clear No. 1 option in the Falcons' offense without Jones on the roster, but the door is now wide open for Pitts to step in as the team's second pass-catcher. The fourth overall pick from this year's draft, Pitts was selected as a tight end but he is capable of splitting out wide and could emerge as an elite option near the goal line. The Falcons' other pass-catchers consist of the likes of Russell Gage, Olamide Zaccheaus, Christian Blake, and Hayden Hurst, so Pitts should have no problem emerging as Matt Ryan's second option.
Pitts is currently numberFire's TE5 in our preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 77.4 targets (12.6 percent share), 115.3 receptions, 889.7 yards, and 6.8 touchdowns.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Falcons' Calvin Ridley expected to be ready for training camp following minor foot surgery June 13th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts could fill in as Falcons' No. 2 target June 7th, 2021
- Titans acquire Julio Jones from Falcons for multiple picks June 7th, 2021
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 17's game against Tampa Bay January 1st, 2021
- Atlanta's Hayden Hurst records 5 receptions for 47 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 16 December 28th, 2020
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 16's game against Kansas City December 25th, 2020