Falcons officially cut ties with Roddy White
The Atlanta Falcons have released receiver Roddy White.
White was selected 27th overall by the Falcons in the 2005 NFL Draft out of Alabama-Birmingham. White is the Falcons' all-time leading receiver, with 808 catches and 10,863 receiving yards in 11 seasons with the team.
White -- who will be entering his age-35 season next fall -- struggled in 2015, catching 43 passes for 503 yards and one score. Among the 74 wideouts to see at least 60 targets last season, White ranked 54th in Reception Net Expected Points per target. This move potentially opens the door for Justin Hardy, a fourth-round selection in 2015, to take over the No. 2 receiver duties. Atlanta could also spend an early-round pick on a wideout.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 17's game against Tampa Bay January 1st, 2021
- Atlanta's Hayden Hurst records 5 receptions for 47 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 16 December 28th, 2020
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 16's game against Kansas City December 25th, 2020
- Falcons' Julio Jones (hamstring) works out on side Wednesday December 23rd, 2020
- Falcons acknowledge Todd Gurley no longer lead back December 21st, 2020
- Ito Smith anointed Falcons' lead runner December 21st, 2020