Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul
The New England Patriots are signing tight end Hunter Henry, formerly of the Los Angeles Chargers, to a three-year, $37.5 million contract.
The deal includes $25 million guaranteed. Henry and Jonnu Smith were free agency's top two tight ends, and the Patriots signed them both in less than 24 hours. Henry drew a career-high 6.6 targets per game last season for the Chargers but he's unlikely to see as much volume with Cam Newton under center in New England, especially with Smith also in the mix. That being said, the Patriots should run plenty of 12 personnel featuring both tight ends. On the other side of the coast, Donald Parham now becomes the favorite to take over as the Chargers' starting tight end. He totaled 5 catches on 7 targets for 84 yards and a touchdown over the final two weeks last season.
Henry averaged 8.2 FanDuel points per game last season, finishing 11th among tight ends. Among the 29 tight ends with at least 50 targets, including the postseason, Henry ranked 16th in Reception Net Expected Points per target. Henry's 72.7 overall grade from Pro Football Focus since 2019 ranks 11th among 37 players at the position with at least 1,000 offensive snaps.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Chargers' Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to miss Chargers' finale December 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler catches touchdown in tight win over Denver December 28th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) inactive for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) not expected to play Week 16 December 27th, 2020