Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor
Free agent wide receiver Nelson Agholor has agreed to terms with the New England Patriots on a 2-year contract, Ian Rapoport reports.
Agholor is coming off of arguably his best season in the league, spending the 2020 NFL season with the Las Vegas Raiders after starting his career with the Philadelphia Eagles. Agholor will join tight end Jonnu Smith in the Patriots' 2021 free agency class.
Agholor thrived in his deep-threat role with the Raiders last season, posting career-highs in average depth of target (15.5 yards) and yards per target (10.9). The Pats sorely missed having a deep threat last season, relying on Damiere Byrd (who finished the season with 604 yards) to stretch the field in 2020. Agholor will likely compete with Smith and Edelman to become the team's top receiving option this season.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Raiders' Jason Witten retiring from football January 27th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs avoids DUI charge January 11th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs arrested on DUI charges January 4th, 2021
- Raiders' Jalen Richard placed on Reserve/COVID-19 list Wednesday December 30th, 2020