Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf) is questionable for Super Bowl LV against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Watkins was upgraded to a full practice on Friday and is expected to be out there on Sunday for the first time since Week 16. Byron Pringle may be the odd man out behind Tyreek Hill, Watkins, Demarcus Robinson (COVID-19), and Mecole Hardman. Watkins averaged 5.5 targets per game during the regular season.
numberFire's models project Watkins for 4.7 targets and 6.4 FanDuel points in the Super Bowl. Pringle ran 14 of 31 routes from the slot in the AFC Championship Game, per Pro Football Focus, a distribution similar to what Watkins does when healthy. Watkins commanded a 12.6 percent target share from Weeks 12-16 during his last healthy stretch.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) limited participant in Kansas City's Wednesday practice February 3rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 2nd, 2021