Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins was a limited participant in practice on Wednesday afternoon.
Watkins has been on the sidelines since Week 16 due to a calf injury, but after the long layoff, it seems as though he's trending towards playing in the Super Bowl against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. There will still be work that needs doing over the next few days to ensure the training staff that he's healthy enough to play. Keep an eye on Watkins' status as Sunday night approaches. Should the veteran return, he'd likely take some work away from Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle.
Our models currently project Watkins for 2.9 catches, 32.3 receivers, 0.3 touchdowns and 6.4 FanDuel points.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) limited participant in Kansas City's Wednesday practice February 3rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 2nd, 2021