Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes (toe) told reporters that he is "feeling pretty close to 100 percent" ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl showdown with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Mahomes is still recovering from a toe injury he sustained during the Chiefs' playoff win over the Cleveland Browns in January but appears to be almost back to normal. He told reporters on Tuesday that his toe "feels a lot better" and that it's "close to 100 percent". Our models expect Mahomes to complete 25.9 of 38.0 attempts against the Buccaneers on Sunday.
Mahomes' Super Bowl projection includes 289.7 passing yards, 2.5 passing touchdowns, 0.6 interceptions, 14.8 rushing yards, and 23.4 FanDuel points. The Chiefs are 3.0-point favorites over the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl and have an implied team total of 29.75 according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) limited participant in Kansas City's Wednesday practice February 3rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 2nd, 2021