Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff
The Detroit Lions will trade quarterback Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams and will received two future first-round picks, a future third-round pick, and quarterback Jared Goff in return.
In one of the biggest trades we've seen in the NFL in recent memory, the Lions will move on from their starter of the past decade while acquiring a younger quarterback from the Rams and valuable, high draft picks to help with their franchise's rebuild.
Stafford gets an immediate upgrade to his offensive surroundings in Los Angeles, with Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods at wide receiver, and potentially two pass-catching tight ends in Gerald Everett and Tyler Higbee. No longer beholden to an outdated, run-first offensive scheme, Stafford could be in for a career year under head coach Sean McVay.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021