Alex Smith (calf) upgraded as Washington prepares for Buccaneers
Washington Football Team quarterback Alex Smith (calf) has been upgraded to a limited practice participant for Saturday's Wild Card game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Smith was a limited participant at Wednesday's practice after sitting out Tuesday. Washington head coach Ron Rivera has already said that Taylor Heinicke may need to be involved versus an aggressive Buccaneers defense if Smith is impeded by his calf injury. The veteran quarterback completed 22-of-32 passes for 162 yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in Week 17 against an inanimate Philadelphia Eagles team.
Smith is the last-ranked starting quarterback in numberFire's weekly fantasy rankings for the Wild Card round and has a salary of $6,500 on FanDuel's Saturday slate. The Buccaneers blitzed at the fifth-highest rate during the regular season (39.0 percent) and finished with the seventh-best pass defense in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted rankings.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Commanders select Jahan Dotson with No. 16 pick April 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin to sit out on-field activities amidst contract negotiation with Commanders April 18th, 2022
- Commanders acquire Carson Wentz in trade with Colts March 9th, 2022
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Terry McLaurin (ankle) pushing to play Week 17 January 2nd, 2021