Washington considering Alex Smith, Taylor Heinicke rotation Saturday
Washington Football Team quarterbacks Alex Smith and Taylor Heinicke could be rotated against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Saturday's Wild Card game, per head coach Ron Rivera.
Smith returned from a two-week absence for a calf injury on Sunday night but his mobility remained limited. Rivera says, depending on how Saturday's game develops, that they will "definitely have to look at" rotating in Heinicke against an aggressive defense like the Buccaneers. Heinicke rushed 3 times for 22 yards in his only appearance this season.
Smith is the last-ranked starting quarterback in numberFire's weekly fantasy rankings for the Wild Card round and has a salary of $6,500 on FanDuel's Saturday slate. The Buccaneers blitzed at the fifth-highest rate during the regular season (39.0 percent) and finished with the seventh-best pass defense in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted rankings.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Commanders select Jahan Dotson with No. 16 pick April 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin to sit out on-field activities amidst contract negotiation with Commanders April 18th, 2022
- Commanders acquire Carson Wentz in trade with Colts March 9th, 2022
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Terry McLaurin (ankle) pushing to play Week 17 January 2nd, 2021