Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints
Carolina Panthers running back Mike Davis (ankle) is out for Week 17 against the New Orleans Saints.
Davis will join Christian McCaffery (thigh) on the sidelines as the Panthers punch the clock on their 2020 season. The backfield will consist of Rodney Smith, Trenton Cannon, fullback Alex Armah, and wide receiver Curtis Samuel on Sunday. Davis racked up 1,015 yards from scrimmage this year while filling in for McCaffery as the Panthers' lead back for most of the campaign.
Samuel leads the aforementioned available runners with 0.08 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season. That ranks 26th out of 93 running backs and wide receivers with at least 25 carries. The Saints rank in the top-10 against the run in numberFire's schedule-adjusted defensive metrics and are allowing the fewest amount of FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery January 4th, 2021
- Panthers' Teddy Bridgewater replaced by P.J. Walker in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Carolina's Mike Davis (ankle) will not play in Week 17's matchup against Saints January 1st, 2021
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) fully practices on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) DNP on Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints December 30th, 2020