Joe Mixon (foot) will not return for Bengals' finale
Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon (foot) will not return for Week 17 versus the Baltimore Ravens, head coach Zac Taylor confirmed.
Mixon, who hasn't played since Week 6, was never expected to return for the last game of the year. He averaged 94.3 yards from scrimmage per contest and flashed some additional upside with a career-high 4.3 targets per game. Samaje Perine rushed 13 times for 95 yards and 2 touchdowns, and caught 4 passes (4 targets) for 41 yards in the Bengals' Week 16 win over the Houston Texans. Giovani Bernard added 131 yards on 23 touches.
Mixon averaged 14.9 FanDuel points over six games. Perine pumped out 27.6 FanDuel points for the Bengals on Sunday and earned the highest rushing grade (86.2) from Pro Football Focus in Week 16 among all running backs through Sunday's contest. Per
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) avoids PUP list to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Bengals looking for even production among receivers July 14th, 2021
- Bengals believe C.J. Uzomah has 50-catch potential July 14th, 2021
- Tee Higgins 'more explosive' for Bengals this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Bengals hoping Joe Mixon improves in pass protection for 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) planning to begin "next phase" of recovery in February January 12th, 2021