Chase Daniel in at quarterback for Lions; Matthew Stafford (foot) in locker room
Detroit Lions backup quarterback Chase Daniel has entered Saturday's Week 16 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in place of Matthew Stafford (foot), who left early in the first quarter.
It's unclear whether or not Stafford will return as of this writing, but he appeared unable to put any pressure on his foot as he hobbled to the locker room. Daniel will take over the team's quarterbacking duties as long as Stafford remains sidelined.
The Lions' banged up offensive line has so-far been completely unable to protect their quarterbacks in Week 16, but Daniel will do his best to rally a team that has already fallen behind by 13 points with over 4 minutes remaining in the first quarter.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021