Patriots' Stephon Gilmore (quad) reportedly undergoing season-ending surgery
New England Patriots defensive back Stephon Gilmore (quad) will undergo season-ending surgery, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Gilmore was forced from New England's Week 15 game against the Dolphins with a non-contact injury that wound up being a partially torn quad. He avoided structural damage around his knee and is expected to be ready before the start of the 2021 season. It's an upgrade for the offenses of the Patriots' final two opponents, the Buffalo Bills in Week 16 and then the New York Jets in the finale.
Gilmore has earned the No. 65 defensive grade (61.0) and No. 72 coverage grade (58.5) from Pro Football Focus among 159 cornerbacks with at least 100 defensive snaps this season.
- James Robinson expected to lead Jaguars' backfield in snaps June 18th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne March 15th, 2021
- Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor March 15th, 2021
- Cam Newton re-signs with Patriots for one year, $14 million March 12th, 2021