Matt Ryan rebounds with 356 yards, 3 touchdowns in Falcons' loss
Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan completed 34-of-49 passes for 356 yards and 3 touchdowns in a 31-27, Week 15 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Ryan bounced back after a 1-touchdown, 3-interception effort last week and he managed to do it with Julio Jones (hamstring) out again. It was Ryan's third-most yards of the season and it required his second-most pass attempts of the campaign as the Falcons rushed for a season-low 37 yards as a team. The 35-year-old veteran will likely throw at high volume again in Week 16 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Falcons are currently 10.0-point underdogs for that contest.
Ryan scored 27.8 FanDuel points on Sunday, third-most among quarterbacks playing yesterday. Over the last three games, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team calling a higher percentage of pass plays than the Falcons (70.5). The Chiefs rank 17th in FanDuel points allowed per game (19.5) to the quarterback position this season.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 17's game against Tampa Bay January 1st, 2021
- Atlanta's Hayden Hurst records 5 receptions for 47 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 16 December 28th, 2020
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 16's game against Kansas City December 25th, 2020
- Falcons' Julio Jones (hamstring) works out on side Wednesday December 23rd, 2020
- Falcons acknowledge Todd Gurley no longer lead back December 21st, 2020
- Ito Smith anointed Falcons' lead runner December 21st, 2020