Matthew Stafford (rib/right thumb) sits out another Lions practice
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (rib, right thumb) remained sidelined at Thursday's practice.
Stafford also missed Wednesday's practice. Lions interim head coach Darrell Bevell has already said the quarterback could play in Sunday's Week 15 game against the Tennessee Titans without practicing and that the team will wait until closer to gameday before making a final decision. Chase Daniel came off the bench in relief in Week 14 and will likely start if Stafford is unavailable. That would be a significant downgrade for Marvin Jones, T.J. Hockenson, D'Andre Swift, and the entire Lions' offense.
After Stafford exited last Sunday, Jones, Hockenson, and D'Andre Swift each led the Lions with a 33.3 percent target share. The Titans are allowing the sixth-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021