Chargers activate Justin Jackson (knee) from injured reserve
The Los Angeles Chargers activated running back Justin Jackson (knee) from the injured reserve.
We haven't seen Jackson since he injured his knee back in Week 9, but he'll return to a Chargers backfield that has changed since that time. With Austin Ekeler finally healthy again, Jackson will likely compete with Kalen Ballage for change-of-pace touches as the team's RB2.
The team obviously trusts Jackson, but it's unclear how much work he'll get once he's officially back on the field. In the time since his injury, the team gave Ballage a heavy workload (over 20 touches in back-to-back weeks), but Jackson was far more efficient with his opportunities earlier this year than Ballage has been so far.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Chargers' Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to miss Chargers' finale December 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler catches touchdown in tight win over Denver December 28th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) inactive for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) not expected to play Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Joey Bosa (concussion, shin) ruled out for Week 16 clash with Broncos December 25th, 2020