George Kittle (foot) return uncertain for 49ers
San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle (foot) is uncertain to return this season, per comments from head coach Kyle Shanahan.
“I’m holding out hope for ... the last couple of weeks. They’re just starting to get into where they get on the field and not with us but on their own to do some stuff,” Shanahan said of Kittle and Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle). Kittle was given an eight-week timeline after going down a month ago, though he believed at the time he would return sooner. He will not practice this week or play in the 49ers' Week 13 game against the Buffalo Bills, but it's at least within the realm of possibility that Kittle makes it back on the field this season. Jordan Reed and Ross Dwelley have been splitting tight end responsibilities for San Francisco.
Kittle is averaging the second-most FanDuel points (13.3) among all tight ends. Reed ran 25 pass routes and caught 2 passes on 6 targets for 18 yards in Week 12 against the Los Angeles Rams. Dwelley ran 10 routes and drew 3 targets, catching one for three yards. The Bills are allowing the sixth-most FanDuel points per game to the tight end position this season.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020