Austin Ekeler (hamstring) returning to Chargers practice Wednesday
Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler (hamstring, injured reserve) returned to practice Wednesday.
Ekeler may not get cleared for Sunday's Week 12 matchup against the Buffalo Bills but it means he will be back within the next three weeks. Kalen Ballage has been filling in admirably as the Chargers' lead back in recent weeks but Ekeler will reclaim the starting role upon return. Joshua Kelley will also likely see a downtick in touches. Justin Jackson (knee) is out for at least one more game.
Ekeler averaged 21.0 touches and 17.3 FanDuel points over the first three games before injuring his hamstring. He has earned the sixth-best offensive grade and third-best rushing grade from Pro Football Focus among all backs with at least 25 carries this season.
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (concussion) still uncertain for AFC Championship against Bills January 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Antonio Brown day-to-day for Buccaneers with minor knee injury January 19th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Chargers' Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to miss Chargers' finale December 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler catches touchdown in tight win over Denver December 28th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) inactive for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) not expected to play Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Joey Bosa (concussion, shin) ruled out for Week 16 clash with Broncos December 25th, 2020