Buccaneers’ Chris Godwin (finger) could be facing multi-game absence
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Chris Godwin (finger) could be facing a multi-week absence, per head coach Bruce Arians.
“I think it's very optimistic that he'll be back in a week,” Arians said of Godwin. “But it could be possible. We don't really know how long but yeah, so that's why we have the insurance policy.” Godwin has already been ruled out for Week 8 against the New York Giants on Monday night due to a broken left index finger he suffered last game. Mike Evans has benefitted the most when Godwin has been sidelined this season. Scotty Miller, Tyler Johnson, Justin Watson, and Rob Gronkowski could all see additional targets on Monday in a plus matchup against the Giants.
Godwin leads the Buccaneers with 7.3 targets per game. Mike Evans has averaged 21.2 PPR points with a 22.8 percent target share in three games without Chris Godwin this year, compared to just 7.3 PPR points and an 8.8 percent target share in four games with Godwin. The Giants have the No. 28 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Browns' Denzel Ward (calf) expected to remain out Week 13 November 30th, 2020
- Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) uncertain for Dolphins Week 13 November 30th, 2020
- Broncos' Phillip Lindsay has 'minor knee injury' November 30th, 2020
- Rapoport: Josh Jacobs (ankle) has chance to play for Raiders Week 13 November 30th, 2020
- Mitchell Trubisky trending toward another start for Bears November 30th, 2020
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs reportedly dealing with ankle sprain November 30th, 2020
- Buccaneers want Ronald Jones more involved November 30th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Rob Gronkowski accumulates 6 receptions for 106 yards in Week 12 November 30th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ronald Jones catches long touchdown in loss to Chiefs November 30th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Jamel Dean (concussion) ruled out for Week 12 showdown with Chiefs November 27th, 2020
- Rob Gronkowski records 25 yards in Buccaneers loss November 24th, 2020
- Chris Godwin finds end zone in Buccaneers' loss to Rams November 24th, 2020