Lions' D'Andre Swift concentrating on being ready whenever his number is called
Detroit Lions running back D'Andre Swift spoke to the media about how he approaches the uncertain nature of his role and the team's backfield rotation.
Swift said that he focuses on being "consistent throughout practice and showing the coaches what I can do on a daily basis...so whenever my number is called there's no let off." He said the situation is "pretty much the same" as his time as a freshman in Georgia's backfield behind Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. Swift also praised Adrian Peterson saying "any knowledge I can get from him, I'm getting, so it's great to have him in my corner. I'm just looking at him every day as a big brother figure, it's amazing". Through four games in his NFL career, Swift has made his mark primarily in the passing game, catching 13 of 16 targets (81.3%) for 124 yards (9.5 per reception) and 1 touchdown. His 13 receptions are tied for 20th most in the league, despite missing a game due to the Lions' Week 5 bye, and he has graded out as Pro Football Focus' 11th best running back in pass protection. In Week 6, Swift will face a Jacksonville Jaguars defense ranked 25th against running backs in numberFire's advanced stats. Our models expect him to see 6.0 touches in Week 6.
Swift's Week 6 projection includes 15.0 rushing yards, 20.4 receiving yards, 0.28 touchdowns, and 6.4 FanDuel points.
- Browns' Ronnie Harrison (shoulder) placed on injured reserve December 1st, 2020
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) has a chance to play against Bengals in Week 13 December 1st, 2020
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook "kind of beat up" heading into Week 13's game against Jacksonville December 1st, 2020
- Schefter: Ravens now reporting two new positive tests, game against Steelers still on for Wednesday December 1st, 2020
- Texans "hopeful" David Johnson (concussion) returns for Week 13's game against Colts December 1st, 2020
- Ravens report no new positive COVID-19 tests on Tuesday December 1st, 2020
- Lions reportedly fire Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn November 28th, 2020
- Detroit's Adrian Peterson scores 2 touchdowns in Week 12's loss to Texans November 26th, 2020
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (concussion) ruled out for Week 12's clash with Texans on Thanksgiving November 26th, 2020
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (concussion) unlikely to play against Texans on Thanksgiving November 26th, 2020
- D'Andre Swift (concussion) questionable for Lions on Thanksgiving November 25th, 2020
- Danny Amendola (hip) out for Detroit again versus Texans November 25th, 2020