Rams focused on limiting George Kittle's 'dynamic playmaking ability'
According to head coach Sean McVay, the Los Angeles Rams will be ready for San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle, "with L.A. lock-down corner Jalen Ramsey a potential solution to slow down the talented tight end."
Heading into Week 6's matchup, Kittle will be the main focus of Los Angeles' defensive game plan after the 49ers' tight end hauled in 32 receptions for 537 yards and 3 touchdowns in six previous meetings. "He’s a great player,” said McVay when asked about Kittle. “They do a great job of moving him around. He’s one of the more complete tight ends that you’ll see in terms of competing with the ball or without the ball. They find creative ways to get him involved. He’s as good as anybody after the catch and then all the things that he does in-line. I mean, he’s an igniter for them.”
With Kittle likely to gain extra attention during Week 6's matchup, expect the Ram defense to key in on the tight end's crossing routes. According to Next Gen Sports, the San Francisco tight end has gained the most yards after catch on crossing routes since 2018. Our models project Kittle to record 6.0 receptions for 71.3 yards on 8.9 targets in Week 6.
- Saints' Latavius Murray totals 124 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 12 win over Broncos November 29th, 2020
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler handles feature back workload against Bills in Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones expected to miss some time with "pretty bad" hamstring injury November 29th, 2020
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes totals 462 passing yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 12 victory over Buccaneers November 29th, 2020
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill embarrasses Tampa Bay with 269 yards and 3 scores in Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (Achilles) active for Week 12's clash with Bears on Sunday Night Football November 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Jordan Reed (illness) active for Week 12's game against Rams November 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (hamstring) active for Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- Raheem Mostert (ankle) officially active for 49ers in Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (COVID-19) ruled out for Week 12 November 28th, 2020
- 49ers activate Raheem Mostert (ankle) from injured reserve November 28th, 2020
- 49ers not optimistic Brandon Aiyuk (COVID-19) will be available for Week 12 November 27th, 2020