Stephon Gilmore tests positive for COVID-19, Patriots canceling practice
New England Patriots defensive back Stephon Gilmore has tested positive for COVID-19.
Gilmore’s initial positive test was on Tuesday. He is the third Patriots player to be added to the COVID-19 list, joining quarterback Cam Newton and defensive lineman Bill Murray. The Patriots are expected to cancel practice on Wednesday as a result and their Week 5 game against the Denver Broncos is now in danger of being postponed.
Gilmore is a key piece of a Patriots defense that currently ranks 4th overall and 2nd against the pass in numberFire's advanced metrics. His absence would be a plus for the Broncos' offense if the game is played as currently scheduled. The Patriots D/ST is currently 8th in numberFire's Week 5 fantasy rankings.
- Packers' Jace Sternberger suspended first two games of 2021 June 10th, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) expected to be ready for Giants' training camp June 10th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021
- Ravens sign Gus Edwards to 2-year extension June 7th, 2021
- DeVante Parker "moving around" in the Dolphins' formation June 7th, 2021
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne March 15th, 2021
- Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor March 15th, 2021
- Cam Newton re-signs with Patriots for one year, $14 million March 12th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ankle) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ankle) limited in practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020