Injured reserve expected for Chargers' Austin Ekeler (hamstring)
Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler is likely headed to the team's injured reserve list, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Ekeler is dealing with what is believed to be a "serious hamstring injury," and a stint on the IR is expected. Now with the new rules regarding the list, a player can return after three games. But based on Rapoport's tweet, it seems as though the injury will keep him out much longer than that. Keep an eye out for more updates on Ekeler's hamstring, but while he's out, look for Joshua Kelley and Justin Jackson to be the new running back duo.
In 4 games this season, Ekeler has 49 carries for 248 yards and a touchdown while also adding 17 caches for 144 yards.
- Packers' Corey Linsley (knee) ruled out for Week 13's showdown with Eagles December 4th, 2020
- Lions planning to waive Marvin Hall December 4th, 2020
- Eagles' Zach Ertz (ankle) available for Week 13's game against Packers December 4th, 2020
- Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (COVID-19) uncertain for Week 13's game against Rams December 4th, 2020
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) DNP on Friday, questionable for Week 13's matchup against Detroit December 4th, 2020
- Lions' Jeff Okudah (shoulder) ruled out for Week 13's game against Bears December 4th, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) questionable for Week 13's clash with Patriots December 4th, 2020
- Bryan Bulaga (illness) fully participates in Chargers' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Chargers' Mike Willians (non-injury related) returns to practice on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) limited in Wednesday's practice December 2nd, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry records 7 receptions for 67 yards in Week 12's loss to Buffalo November 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Herbert accumulates 316 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 12 November 30th, 2020