Devonta Freeman expected to start for Giants Sunday
Running back Devonta Freeman is expected to get the start for the New York Giants in Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams, per ESPN's Jordan Ranaan.
Ranaan adds that Dion Lewis is expected to play on passing downs, while Wayne Gallman will mix in for a few touches. Even Saquon Barkley struggled to produce behind the Giants' awful offensive line, so it's hard to envision any of these three backs providing much fantasy value (even in the "starting" role).
The Rams are 13.5-point favorites for today's game, so it's unlikely the Giants' running backs get much run as the team is expected to play from behind for most of the game. FanDuel set Freeman's salary at $5,400 for Week 4, and our models project him to score 8.7 fantasy points.
- Antonio Brown (knee) will be game-time call for Bucs versus Packers January 21st, 2021
- Stefon Diggs managing oblique injury at Bills practice January 21st, 2021
- Cole Beasley not on Bills injury report for AFC title January 21st, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad) feels better than last week January 21st, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) still not seen at Buccaneers practice January 21st, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020