Brett Rypien reportedly named Broncos' Week 4 starter Thursday versus Jets
Denver Broncos quarterback Brett Rypien will start Week 4 versus the New York Jets on Thursday night, reports James Palmer of NFL Network.
Rypien, a 2019 undrafted free agent, will be making his first career start after replacing Jeff Driskel in the fourth quarter on Sunday versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He went 8-for-9 for 53 yards on the Broncos' meaningless final drive but it ended with a sack and then an interception over the final three plays. The offense may have an easier time moving the ball against the Jets, but none of the Broncos' pass-catchers offer much upside with Drew Lock (arm) unavailable.
Driskel is tied for the second-highest average depth of target in the NFL and he was marginally more efficient (-0.19 Passing Net Expected Points per attempt) in Week 3 than Rypien (-0.24). Per numberFire's advanced rankings, the Jets have the third-worst pass defense in the league.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Denver's K.J. Hamler (concussion) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Raiders January 1st, 2021
- Broncos' KJ Hamler (concussion) doesn't practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) will not return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) questionable to return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos place Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) on injured reserve December 26th, 2020
- Denver's Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) ruled out for Week 16's matchup against Chargers December 25th, 2020