Buccaneers expect Rob Gronkowski to block more than catch
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Rob Gronkowski isn't expected to draw many targets in the Buccaneers' offense, head coach Bruce Arians said.
“We’re not throwing the ball 50 times to tight ends – that’s what we have receivers for [and] that’s the way our offense is built,” Arians said. “Gronk’s playing great run blocking in the fourth quarter, so I’m not concerned with his pass catches or his targets. ... We haven’t had that many red zone opportunities and I don’t see him running 40 yards past people anymore." Gronkowski has just 2 catches on 4 targets for 11 yards through two weeks and it doesn't sound like his role is going to change. He's tied for third on the team in routes run but is last in targets. Expect another low-volume performance from Gronkowski in Week 3 against the Denver Broncos.
numberFire's models expect Gronk to score 3.9 FanDuel points with 2.6 targets, 1.6 receptions, and 19.0 yards in Week 3. He has a salary of $5,000 and is the TE32 in our weekly fantasy rankings.
- Atlanta's Calvin Ridley (ankle) will not return on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Seahawks' Carlos Hyde (hamstring) DNP on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) practices in full on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Seattle's Chris Carson (foot) misses Thursday's practice October 29th, 2020
- Eric Ebron (elbow) returns to full participation in Pittsburgh's Thursday practice October 29th, 2020
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (toe) fully participates in Thursday's practice October 29th, 2020
- Buccaneers’ Chris Godwin (finger) could be facing multi-game absence October 29th, 2020
- Leonard Fournette labeled as Buccaneers' nickel back October 28th, 2020
- Scotty Miller (hip) playing hurt for Buccaneers October 27th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans bothered by ankle injury October 27th, 2020
- Mike Evans limited to 37 yards as Buccaneers bash Raiders October 26th, 2020
- Chris Godwin goes for season-highs in Buccaneers win October 26th, 2020