Schefter: 49ers' Nick Bosa (knee) likely has torn ACL
San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Nick Bosa suffered a knee injury during Week 2's game against the New York Jets and did not return.
Bosa's knee injury appears to be a worst-case scenario, with Kyle Shanahan saying that he "most likely" tore his ACL. It's a huge blow for the 49ers on a day when they also lost Jimmy Garoppolo and Raheem Mostert to ankle and knee injuries, respectively. If they want to return to the Super Bowl for the second season in a row, they will likely have to do so without last season defensive rookie of the year.
San Francisco's defense allowed 13 points to the Jets in Week 2 and will face the New York Giants in Week 3.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020