Lions rookie Quintez Cephus expected to "play a lot again" in Week 2
Detroit Lions wide receiver Quintez Cephus is expected to start for the team's Week 2 match against the Green Bay Packers.
Teammate Kenny Golladay has been sidelined since the last week of training camp with a hamstring injury, thrusting Cephus into the starting job despite his status as a fifth-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. Cephus, who teammate and 2020 first-round pick Jeffrey Okudah named as the toughest receiver to play against in his own collegiate experience, played a critical role in the Lions' Week 1 loss to the Chicago Bears, leading the team in targets with 10.
Golladay's absence has opened up major passing-game opportunities for the rest of the Lions receivers, Cephus included. While the rookie did lead his team in targets in Week 1, he turned those 10 looks into just 3 receptions for 43 yards. He'll look to build on that stat line in Week 2. Our models project him to score 7.2 fantasy points in today's contest.
- Dez Bryant reportedly expected to join Ravens October 22nd, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry broke rib in Week 5 October 22nd, 2020
- Ravens acquire Yannick Ngakoue from Vikings for picks October 22nd, 2020
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (ankle) on track for Week 10 return October 22nd, 2020
- Pelissero: Michael Thomas (hamstring, ankle) uncertain for Saints versus Panthers October 22nd, 2020
- Zach Ertz (ankle) reportedly out for Eagles 4-6 weeks October 22nd, 2020
- Marvin Jones (knee) misses Lions practice October 21st, 2020
- Lions' Kenny Golladay goes for 105 yards in win over Jacksonville October 19th, 2020
- Matthew Stafford quieted in Lions' dominant Week 6 win over Jacksonville October 19th, 2020
- Lions' D'Andre Swift rushes for 116 yards and 2 scores in Week 6 win over Jaguars October 18th, 2020
- Lions' Desmond Trufant (hamstring) ruled out for Week 6 October 17th, 2020
- Lions' D'Andre Swift concentrating on being ready whenever his number is called October 16th, 2020