Jamison Crowder (hamstring) ruled out for Jets in Week 2 versus 49ers
New York Jets wide receiver Jamison Crowder will not play Week 2 against the San Francisco 49ers, head coach Adam Gase announced.
Crowder sat out practice the last two days after being a limited participant on Wednesday. Gase is optimistic that Crowder isn't dealing with a long-term injury. Braxton Berrios will replace Crowder in the slot on Sunday. Crowder had almost twice as many targets (13) in Week 1 than anyone else on the Jets, so his absence should open up more looks for Breshad Perriman and Chris Herndon.
The Jets' Week 2 opponent ranked 7th against the pass in Week 1, according to numberFire's advanced metrics. Our models expect Perriman to draw 7.7 targets and Herndon to get 6.4 looks against the 49ers without Crowder available. Perriman added 0.12 Reception Net Expected Points per target in the opener while Herndon was last on the team with -0.44 Reception NEP per target.
- Pelissero: Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not expected to play for Panthers October 29th, 2020
- Bears' Cole Kmet (back) limited on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Steelers to start week October 28th, 2020
- Diontae Johnson (toe) does not practice for Steelers October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks' Travis Homer (knee) held out of practice October 28th, 2020
- Browns' Austin Hooper (appendix) isn't expected to play in Week 8 October 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder (groin) expected back for Jets on Thursday October 28th, 2020
- Jets receiver Jamison Crowder (groin) undergoing medical evaluation Monday October 26th, 2020
- Jets' Breshad Perriman enters NFL concussion protocol October 26th, 2020
- Jets' Sam Darnold throws for 120 yards and 2 interceptions in Week 7 loss to Buffalo October 26th, 2020
- Jets rule Jamison Crowder (groin) out for Week 7 October 25th, 2020
- Jets' Sam Darnold (shoulder) active for Week 7 October 25th, 2020