Gerald Everett injures back in Rams opener
Los Angeles Rams tight end Gerald Everett injured his back in the team's season opener.
Everett was barely a factor in Week 1, recording just 1 reception for 7 yards while playing on 33% of the team's snaps. He suffered the injury at some point in the third quarter, so the limited playing time was at least in part by design and not just the injury.
We'll learn more about the injury this week, but back injuries can be tricky. Fellow tight end Tyler Higbee had a quiet night as well, but played on 89% of the team's offensive snaps and had an incredible breakout at the end of 2019 when Everett missed time with a knee injury. Higbee is the TE11 in our rest-of-season projections.
- Bears' Cole Kmet (back) limited on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Steelers to start week October 28th, 2020
- Diontae Johnson (toe) does not practice for Steelers October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks' Travis Homer (knee) held out of practice October 28th, 2020
- Browns' Austin Hooper (appendix) isn't expected to play in Week 8 October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks say Carlos Hyde hamstring strain 'nothing major' October 28th, 2020
- Rams' Gerald Everett (illness) misses Wednesday's practice October 28th, 2020
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (hand) limited in practice Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- Rams' Terrell Burgess (ankle) ruled out for the season October 27th, 2020
- Rams' Malcolm Brown rushes for 57 yards, scores October 27th, 2020
- Cooper Kupp contributes 59 yards for Rams October 27th, 2020
- Robert Woods loses fumble in Rams win October 27th, 2020