Browns send David Njoku (knee) to injured reserve
The Cleveland Browns have placed David Njoku (knee) on the injured reserve.
Njoku was frustrated with the Browns earlier this offseason when they signed Austin Hooper in free agency and drafted Harrison Bryant in the fourth round, but ultimately came around did have a real impact in Week 1. While it wasn't immediately apparent that the tight end was dealing with an injury, he played just 23% of the Browns' offensive snaps in Week 1.
Njoku may have only played 17 snaps, but he did flash the playmaking ability that got him drafted in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft with 50 yards and a score on 3 receptions. Njoku's absence should open up more targets for Hooper and Bryant going forward, who garnered just 2 targets each in Week 1.
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) could potentially play in Week 7 Thursday October 21st, 2020
- Giants' Darius Slayton (foot) has no injury designation for Thursday's Week 7 October 21st, 2020
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) doesn't practice Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Seahawks' Carlos Hyde (shoulder) limited on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Tyrod Taylor (chest) practices in full Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Jackson (knee) limited on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip, ribs) limited Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Kareem Hunt (ribs) limited for Browns on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku still looking to be traded October 19th, 2020
- Browns bench Baker Mayfield (ribs) down 24 to Steelers, Case Keenum now under center October 18th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (ribs, hip) active for Week 6 agaisnt Pittsburgh October 18th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (ribs, hip) expected to play in Week 6 October 18th, 2020