Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Diontae Johnson said he's "100 percent" following offseason sports-hernia surgery.
Johnson revealed in May that he suffered the injury in Week 2 of last season. The injury didn't prevent last year's second-round pick from missing any games and he still led the Steelers in targets (92), catches (59), and receiving scores (5). Johnson also led all rookie wideouts in receptions while tracking down passes from Devlin Hodges and Mason Rudolph. The Steelers were only the 22nd-most pass-heavy offense last year, but with Ben Roethlisberger back and healthy, they're expected to air it out a bit more in 2020. In 2018, the Steelers called pass plays at a higher rate than any other offense in the league and they never ranked lower than 13th in the three years prior.
Johnson is the WR35 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 101.3 targets, 64.7 receptions, 828.2 yards, and 5.6 touchdowns. Per Fantasy Football Calculator, Johnson is being drafted as the WR45 in the 10th round of half-PPR leagues.
- Jaguars' James Robinson 'will play a large role' in Week 2's matchup against Titans September 19th, 2020
- Lions' Desmond Trufant (hamstring) ruled out for Week 2's matchup against Packers September 19th, 2020
- Rams' sign Robert Woods to four-year extension worth $65 million September 18th, 2020
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (quad) questionable for Week 2's matchup with Ravens September 18th, 2020
- Titans' Darrynton Evans (hamstring) remains out for Week 2 September 18th, 2020
- Cowboys' Tyron Smith (neck) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Falcons September 18th, 2020
- James Conner removed from Steeler's injury report for Week 2's game against Broncos September 18th, 2020
- Benny Snell may be forcing Steelers' backfield committee September 17th, 2020
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) full participant in Thursday's practice September 17th, 2020
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (toe) fully practices on Thursday September 17th, 2020
- James Conner (ankle) practices in full for Steelers September 17th, 2020
- Diontae Johnson (toe) held out of Steelers practice September 16th, 2020