Buccaneers' Dare Ogunbowale expected to be third-down back
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Dare Ogunbowale will likely open the season as the team's third-down back, writes Jenna Laine of ESPN.com.
Ogunbowale led the Buccaneers backfield with 46 targets last season and was rarely used as a runner. He produced 286 scoreless yards on 6.2 yards per target, ranking 18th out of 43 backs with at least 30 targets last season. However, Ronald Jones saw 40 targets of his own and third-round rookie Ke'Shawn Vaughn can contribute in the passing game, so Ogunbowale may need to step it up to retain a role on offense. The former undrafted free agent turned 26 in May.
numberFire's models expect Ogunbowale to catch 17.6 passes on 24.9 targets for 111.9 yards and add another 57.8 rushing yards while totaling 1.4 touchdowns.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Jags sign running back Carlos Hyde March 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020