Eagles, Jason Peters reach agreement on one-year deal worth up to $6 million
The Philadelphia Eagles have signed offensive lineman Jason Peters to a one-year, $3 million contract, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Peters is guaranteed $3 million, with the ability to earn up to $6 million. The 38-year-old, seven-time pro bowler was considered unlikely to rejoin the Eagles earlier this offseason following their announcement that Andre Dillard would be taking over as their starting left tackle. A season-ending Achilles injury to Brandon Brooks created an opening for Peters to move to guard, which he will do. Peters played 936 snaps for the Eagles last season, allowing just 3 sacks, 4 quarterback hits, 18 hurries, and 25 pressures.
Peters was PFF's sixth-highest graded tackle in 2019 (83.4). Per Pro Football Focus, he has played just one snap at guard during the last five years.
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown now up to 180 pounds August 5th, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery August 5th, 2020
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson also opts out of season August 5th, 2020
- Patriots' Mohamed Sanu (ankle) activated off PUP August 4th, 2020
- Eagles eager to let Miles Sanders loose August 3rd, 2020
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (foot) placed on active/PUP list July 28th, 2020
- Eagles' Marquise Goodwin opts out of 2020 season July 28th, 2020
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (foot) in a 'really good spot' July 27th, 2020
- Jalen Reagor signs rookie deal with Eagles July 20th, 2020
- Eagles sign Jalen Hurts to rookie contract July 20th, 2020