Devin Singletary could be used more in Bills' pass game
The Buffalo Bills would like running back Devin Singletary to be more involved in the passing game, believes Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic.
Singletary only averaged 3.4 targets during the regular season, but he did draw at least 6 targets in four of those games. Singletary actually had his best pass-catching performance in the Bills' playoff loss when he caught 6 passes on 7 targets for 76 yards. He wasn't too effective though, as Singletary's 4.7 yards per target ranked fourth-worst out of 35 running backs to see at least 40 targets last year. Singletary started to emerge as a workhorse for the Bills over the final two months of the season when he averaged 18.9 touches per contest. However, the offseason acquisition of Stefon Diggs and third-round selection of running back Zack Moss indicate that the Bills may not actually view Singletary as the offensive focal point.
numberFire's models project Singletary for 858.9 rushing yards, 267.6 receiving yards, 36.6 catches (51.9 targets), and 7.1 touchdowns this season. He's the RB25 in our preseason fantasy rankings. In his rookie year, Singletary ranked 11th among the top 100 running backs in Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) at 10.76.
- Eagles eager to let Miles Sanders loose August 3rd, 2020
- Jets release offensive guard Brian Winters on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Bills' Ed Oliver has charges dropped July 23rd, 2020
- Bills' Gabriel Davis 'could be a plug-and-play weapon' this season July 4th, 2020
- Buffalo's Zack Moss 'brings a different dimension' to backfield, expected to complement Devin Singletary July 4th, 2020
- Buffalo's Duke Williams facing serious roster competition July 1st, 2020
- Robert Foster's roster position with Bills challenged by rookie class July 1st, 2020
- Stefon Diggs expected to dominate Bills' targets July 1st, 2020