Jaylen Samuels not a lock to make Steelers' roster
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jaylen Samuels is not a lock to make the 53-man roster, writes Bob Labriola of the Steelers official website.
There appears to be an open competition between Samuels, Benny Snell, Kerrith Whyte, and fourth-round rookie Anthony McFarland for the backup job behind James Conner. Last season, Samuels struggled on the ground (2.7 yards per carry), but he did catch 47 passes on 57 targets for 305 yards and a touchdown.
numberFire's models project Samuels for 47.1 carries, 196.5 rushing yards, 13.5 catches (17.5 targets), 98.1 receiving yards, and 2.0 touchdowns this season. He's the RB68 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020