Jaylen Samuels not a lock to make Steelers' roster
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jaylen Samuels is not a lock to make the 53-man roster, writes Bob Labriola of the Steelers official website.
There appears to be an open competition between Samuels, Benny Snell, Kerrith Whyte, and fourth-round rookie Anthony McFarland for the backup job behind James Conner. Last season, Samuels struggled on the ground (2.7 yards per carry), but he did catch 47 passes on 57 targets for 305 yards and a touchdown.
numberFire's models project Samuels for 47.1 carries, 196.5 rushing yards, 13.5 catches (17.5 targets), 98.1 receiving yards, and 2.0 touchdowns this season. He's the RB68 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Colts continue Nyheim Hines hype May 26th, 2022
- Jameis Winston (knee) active at Saints OTAs May 26th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (PED) suspended for six games May 2nd, 2022
- Cardinals acquire Marquise Brown in trade with Ravens April 28th, 2022
- Cardinals pick up Kyler Murray fifth-year option April 28th, 2022
- Keim on Kyler Murray's potential trade possibility: 'Zero chance' April 21st, 2022
- Tight end Zach Ertz re-signs with Cardinals March 14th, 2022