Marlon Mack may open as Colts' starter
Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich indicated running back Marlon Mack has an advantage over rookie Jonathan Taylor due to being the returning starter.
“There’s definitely inherent respect for the starter returning," Reich stated. The incumbent typically gets the opportunity to retain the job, so Mack likely will see the first snaps in the Colts' committee to open the year. However, the rookie remains the favorite to take over by season's end. Reich and the coaching staff have repeatedly mentioned all three of Mack, Taylor, and Nyheim Hines when discussing the backfield blueprint for 2020. The Colts executed the fifth-most rushing plays in the NFL last season (471).
numberFire's models project Mack for 164.0 carries, 714.0 rushing yards, 13.0 receptions (17.4 targets), 108.1 receiving yards, and 6.9 touchdowns. He's the RB34 in our preseason fantasy rankings. Taylor is the RB20 and projected for 244.7 touches.
- Eagles, Jason Peters reach agreement on one-year deal worth up to $6 million July 14th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020
- Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected to start on Eagles PUP July 14th, 2020
- Shaq Barrett officially signing Buccaneers' tag Tuesday July 14th, 2020
- Chris Jones reportedly lands 4-year, $85M from Chiefs July 14th, 2020
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Yannick Ngakoue drawing trade interest July 14th, 2020
- Bowen: 'Not a slam dunk' Jordan Wilkins will make Colts' 2020 roster June 30th, 2020
- Colts sign safety Julian Blackmon to 4-year rookie contract June 16th, 2020
- Colts get second-rounder Michael Pittman Jr. under contract June 15th, 2020
- Marlon Mack may open as Colts' starter June 1st, 2020
- Colts' Mo Alie-Cox to play more in 2020 June 1st, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell 'fully healthy' for past 2 months May 27th, 2020