49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason
San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Dee Ford underwent knee surgery this offseason following last year's Super Bowl loss, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport stated that Dee Ford described the surgery as "a more extensive clean up than he kind of realized" but Rapoport was told by another source that the procedure was "relatively minor". He also said that from what he can tell, Ford is in a much better place health-wise than he was last year, and should be ready for the start of the season. The 29-year-old played in 14 games for the 49ers last season, recording 8 sacks, 3 quarterback hits, and 22 hurries. He was part of a San Francisco defense that finished last season ranked 3rd overall by numberFire's power rankings. A return to full health would bolster a unit that is already one of the league's best.
Ford was Pro Football Focus' 18th ranked edge last season, earning a grade of 84.4. numberFire's projections expect Ford to record 17.4 tackles, 5.1 sacks, and 1.5 fumbles this season.
- Cowboys offer Dak Prescott 3-year deal worth over $100 million guaranteed July 14th, 2020
- Cowboys, Dak Prescott not scheduled for talks between now and July 15th deadline July 14th, 2020
- Eagles, Jason Peters reach agreement on one-year deal worth up to $6 million July 14th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020
- Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected to start on Eagles PUP July 14th, 2020
- Shaq Barrett officially signing Buccaneers' tag Tuesday July 14th, 2020
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert requests trade after months of unproductive talks July 8th, 2020
- Jalen Hurd to be 49ers' 'big slot' receiver July 8th, 2020
- 49ers' D.J. Reed suffers torn pectoral July 3rd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020