Jets sign Joe Flacco to one-year, $1.5 million deal
The New York Jets have agreed to a one-year deal with former Denver Broncos' quarterback Joe Flacco worth $1.5 million, with up to $3 million in incentives.
Flacco is expected to compete for the backup job once he fully recovers from a neck injury that placed him on IR last November. Flacco has resumed throwing footballs, but is not expected to be ready for Week 1. The sixteenth overall pick in the 2008 draft, Flacco spent 11 years with the Baltimore Ravens before being traded to the Broncos for a fourth-round pick last March and cut two months ago. Flacco started eight games for Denver last season, completing 171 of 262 attempts (65.3%) for 1,822 yards (7 per attempt), 6 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions. The 35-year-old will compete against rookie quarterback James Morgan, for the Jets drafted in the fourth round of April's draft.
Flacco was Pro Football Focus' 30th ranked quarterback last season, earning a grade of 67.2. That mark was his lowest grade since 2016, but was better than Sam Darnold's 2019 grade of 63.4.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Devonta Freeman willing to skip 2020 season May 22nd, 2020
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Jets willing to listen to calls for Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Jets sign Joe Flacco to one-year, $1.5 million deal May 22nd, 2020
- Jets reportedly remain committed to Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Jamal Adams, Jets contract talks hit snafu May 22nd, 2020
- Chris Herndon to be 'unleashed' by Jets this season May 19th, 2020