Seahawks reportedly made offer to Devonta Freeman
The Seattle Seahawks have made an offer to free agent running back Devonta Freeman, according to NFL Network's Michael Silver.
The offer is reportedly worth up to $4 million and signals that Rashaad Penny may not be ready for Week 1 as he continues to recover from a season-ending ACL injury. The Seahawks have reportedly also have conversations with free agent running back Carlos Hyde and Marshawn Lynch. A fourth-round draft pick by Atlanta in 2014, Freeman has spent his entire six-year career with the Falcons. Last season he earned the second-worst Pro Football Focus grade of his career (60.8), generating 656 yards on 184 attempts (3.6 yards per attempt) and 2 touchdowns. He performed better as a receiver, bringing in 59 of 64 targets (92.2) for 410 yards (6.9 per reception) and 4 touchdowns, earning a PFF grade of 69.5 (28th best among running backs).
The Seahawks finished last season ranked 10th in rushing offense, per numberFire's power rankings. Our projections currently have Chris Carson at RB15 for the upcoming season.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) without an exact timetable to return heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) expected to be ready for Giants' training camp June 10th, 2021
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020