Seahawks reportedly made offer to Devonta Freeman
The Seattle Seahawks have made an offer to free agent running back Devonta Freeman, according to NFL Network's Michael Silver.
The offer is reportedly worth up to $4 million and signals that Rashaad Penny may not be ready for Week 1 as he continues to recover from a season-ending ACL injury. The Seahawks have reportedly also have conversations with free agent running back Carlos Hyde and Marshawn Lynch. A fourth-round draft pick by Atlanta in 2014, Freeman has spent his entire six-year career with the Falcons. Last season he earned the second-worst Pro Football Focus grade of his career (60.8), generating 656 yards on 184 attempts (3.6 yards per attempt) and 2 touchdowns. He performed better as a receiver, bringing in 59 of 64 targets (92.2) for 410 yards (6.9 per reception) and 4 touchdowns, earning a PFF grade of 69.5 (28th best among running backs).
The Seahawks finished last season ranked 10th in rushing offense, per numberFire's power rankings. Our projections currently have Chris Carson at RB15 for the upcoming season.
- 49ers' George Kittle reportedly could make $13 million annually July 2nd, 2020
- Jets "still talking" with free agent Demaryius Thomas July 1st, 2020
- Jets expect Chris Herndon to play key receiving role July 1st, 2020
- Packers sign Jordan Love to 4-year deal July 1st, 2020
- Green Bay's A.J. Dillon signs 4-year rookie contract July 1st, 2020
- Buffalo's Duke Williams facing serious roster competition July 1st, 2020
- Falcons' expecting a "jump" in Calvin Ridley's game in 2020 June 10th, 2020
- Falcons' Hayden Hurst hyped up by Matt Ryan June 9th, 2020
- Todd Gurley reportedly passes Falcons' physical June 9th, 2020
- Todd Gurley impressing Falcons in private workouts June 8th, 2020
- Falcons focusing on outside-zone run scheme June 1st, 2020
- Ito Smith to work out in Atlanta with Matt Ryan, offense May 20th, 2020