Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023
New England Patriots safety Patrick Chung signed a 2-year extension through 2023, reports Field Yates of ESPN.
The deal includes $3 million at signing and can net Chung up to $12.8M over the next four years. Chung has started 122 games with the Patriots since they drafted him with the 34th overall pick back in 2009, but he's nearly 33 and not quite the player he used to be. Chung logged his fewest defensive snaps since 2012 last season and was no longer utilized on special teams.
The Patriots D/ST is 5th in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Chung received a 54.9 overall defensive grade from Pro Football Focus last season, ranking 122nd out of 128 safeties to play at least 500 defensive snaps.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021